Monday, March 16, 2009

Annoyance #2349874

I sent out invites to a baby shower I'm hosting for a very good friend of mine. One person has RSVP'd to say that she's not coming, but only because the mommy-to-be told her to! People are either RSVPing to the mommy-to-be or to each other. Umm..hello! It's my name and phone number on the RSVP line on the invite. Ugh!

I just sent out a "reminder email" to everyone. It's kind of important because I need to know if I have to run to my dad's house on Friday and pick up extra folding chairs. Food's not an issue because we pre-ordered the cake and deli tray from Costco and they'll feed a bunch of people, but I don't want people sitting on the floor if I'm only prepared for 10 and 17 show up.

Whatever. It's going to be a fun time regardless of who shows up, but given the way things are going, I don't think many people are going to be here for my friend. This is her first baby, she's thinking it may end up being her only baby (given the way her pregnancy has been going, she may not want to be pregnant again anyway. poor thing) and it seems a bunch of her friends can't seem to make time for her. I hope my friends prove to be better than that.

No comments: