Sunday, September 21, 2008

Voting part II

My aunt replied to my email. She had already planned on voting No on Prop 8. Yay for her! LOL Her response was this:

"I had already decided to vote no, but thanks for your thoughts. As Roseanne once said gays should
have the opportunity to be as miserable in marriage as us. I think it was her but I thought it was
real funny."


She also sent me an email she received from a friend about a virus email going around regarding Women against Sarah Palin. In short, the email said that we, as women, should not vote for Sarah Palin because putting her in such a powerful position could turn around everything our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers have worked for and achieved over the last 100 years. She's really the anti-feminist and we cannot afford to put her in office.

When I saw my dad last week (I had to have him rescue me when I locked my keys in my car), he told me not to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket either because of her views. I belive his words were "I hope you're not voting for Sarah Palin just because she's a woman." LOL I told him "HELL NO!"

While I know my parents have some conservative views, overall, they're very liberal. I have confidence that they believe a lot of the same things I do. It's very comforting to know that. Ultimately, my parents back me no matter what I do with my life, but it's good to know that they will also use their right to vote to help protect my rights as well as theirs.

No comments: