Friday, February 6, 2009

25...err...35...more random things about me

Cindy posted 100+ random things about themselves, so I was inspired to come up with more stuff about me...here we go...let's see how far I can get.

1. Over the last year or so I've become a lot more sensitive to sounds. Things that didn't bother me before are now like nails on a chalkboard (like someone rubbing their hand on their pants, crunching chips, etc). I think it may have something to do with the 4 ear infections I've had in 2 years.
2. I almost flunked out of high school. At the end of the first semester of my sophomore year, my GPA was 1.5.
3. That year I was extremely depressed and tried to kill myself.
4. I attempted suicide once more after that incident, but never since.
5. I went to fat camp in southern California the summer before high school. I lost 25 pounds in 7 weeks.
6. I almost lost my virginity to a boy there.
7. I also started cutting that summer.
8. I haven't cut in almost 2 years.
9. I love cooking, but hate the clean up afterwards.
10. I have a 33" inseam. It's very difficult to find the right length of pants.
11. I have an obsession with Converse shoes. I currently have about 5 pairs, but one pair (the black on black low tops) have been replaced 4 times.
12. I'm a huge procrastinator, but I always get my jobs done on time.
13. I had an affair with my boss for almost 2 years. He had (has) a girlfriend, but he made me believe that he loved me and that he'd leave her if he could. Turns out he was a lying sack of shit.
14. I love Disneyland and aspire to go there during Halloween before I die.
15. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love to decorate the house and get in the spirit.
16. Any excuse to decorate the house makes me happy.
17. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a big drinker. At home, I'll have a couple of beers here and there, but unless it's a special occasion (a party), or I'm at a bar with friends, I don't drink more than 2 or 3 beers in a night, a couple times a week.
18. Strawberries are my favorite fruit.
19. I detest lima beans.
20. I believe that my Papa (my mom's dad) watches over me. He passed when I was 2.
21. I seriously have a crush on Edward Cullen.
22. That makes me a HUGE Twilight nerd. LOL.
23. I love having my nails done with acrylic tips, but often, I'm too lazy to get them done, so I'll keep a set for a few months, get lazy, take them off, then get them again 6 months later.
24. I love reading, but I don't make enough time to step away from the internets and the TV to read.
25. For this reason alone, I desperately miss my giant bathtub in San Francisco - that was my reading spot.
26. I have 8 tattoos. Even though there's an even number, I feel unbalanced because 4 of them are on the right half of my body, 3 are on the left, and one is smack dab in the middle. I feel like I list right because of it. LOL.
27. When I fall in love, it's with my whole being. It's both a curse and a blessing.
28. Because her mother hates me, I've only seen my ex-stepdaughter twice in the last 8 years. I loved that kid like she was my own. I helped raise her from the ages of 1 - 5.
29. I still haven't quite forgiven my first love for shattering my heart and making me distrust everyone I date (he cheated on me with 7 or 8 women in the 5 years we were together).
30. I would be totally happy if I could stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning and sleep until noon everyday. As it is, I stay up until 2 and get up at 10, but I have to set an alarm so I don't sleep all day.
31. I am trying to grow my hair out. It's taken 2 years to get it down just past my shoulders (from being a super short crop - about 2 inches from the scalp).
32. Even though it's "long" now, I always have it up.
33. I may not have the best grammar, but I'm a stickler about misspelled words.
34. The ones that bug me the most are the misuse of their/they're/there, your/you're, and to/too. It makes me want to punch a koala in the face.
35. I wish I was more artistic so I could use it as therapy. Unfortunately my brain doesn't work that way. LOL.



Ok...turned out to be 35 instead of 25...maybe next week I'll pump out some more. ;o)

No comments: