Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still not dead...

But I still have no internet. The cable got hooked up 2 weeks ago, so I do have tv to watch now, but the phone and internet are still absent. They were supposed to have been turned on by Wednesday night, and apparently the phone line is active (the wireless modem works through the phone line), but none of the jacks in the house work - I can't get a dial tone. So yet another technician is coming out on Monday to fix the jacks. Ugh! Why is this all so difficult?!?! I know Jenn isnt as frustrated as me because she has some internet capabilities in her office, but I am frustrated beyond words. I really hope that Monday will be the last that I have to deal with this frustration.

More than just not having phone or internet access (or cable for so long, either), this frustration comes from the lack of customer service coming from either Comcast or AT&T (that's who we went with after Comcast proved themselves to be completely incompetent). I am completely disgusted by all of this. I mean, a tech from AT&T was here Wednesday to "ping" the line, but didn't feel the need to come inside and check the jacks - apparently it's not deemed necessary by AT&T. Yeah, that should be part of the process, don'cha think?

I feel so distant from everyone. I have no idea what's going on in internet land and horribly miss everyone. I'll be back soon if it's the last thing I do. Lol


Oh, and I must say that because of all the ridiculousness of all this, Jenn and I have fallen in love with OZ. Lol we've watched the first 2 and 1/2 seasons in the last month and are going to plow through the rest in the next month. It's a bizzare show, but it's intriguing....plus I got to see Christopher Meloni's penis at he end of season 2. Lol Man is he hot!!

Anyway, my next post will hopefully be to let you know that I am up and running and back online. I hope you all had a great holiday season!! Happy New Year!!

~Sent via email on my Samsung Blackjack~

No comments: