Friday, January 30, 2009

My own business?

So today I was looking at Etsy.com, checking out the stores that carry cloth diapers and such. I was already thinking that I'm going to be making my own cloth diapers for my babies when I get preggo and I had a thought - why not make diapers to sell, too. I can get patterns online to make diapers and cloth diapering is becoming really popular again, so why not just make more of what I'd make for my babies and create my own Etsy store? I like staying home, but I feel guilty for not "contributing to the household" (as my mother so elequenly put it). Making diapers to sell wouldn't make us a huge income, but it'd be a few extra dollars that could easily add up. I think in addition to the diapers, I'd want to make burp cloths and cloth wipes, wet bags, and maybe little cloth dolls and animals. I'm crafty enough to do it, so why not?

I'll talk to Jenn about it and see what she thinks. I'm getting a nice return on my taxes, so I can use some of that as "seed money" to get started and see where it goes. There are also other diaper swapping sites and communities on other blog sites that I could advertise on and get more sales.

Hmm...this is definitely something to think about...

1 comment:

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Hi, I'm just a random stranger passing through. I stumbled across your blog, and wanted to say best of luck as you start your own business! While I don't make cloth diapers myself, I do use them on our little ones, and absolutely love them! I also have my own etsy shop (www.enchanteddandelions.com) which has been so much fun over the past couple years.

*off to go read more of your blog*

:)