Friday, August 22, 2008

My eyes! My eyes!

So yesterday, Jenn and I had appointments to get our eyes checked and order new glasses and contacts at the Site for Sore Eyes at 5th and Market.

I am amazed at my new prescription and promise to take better care of my eyes from now on!! I haven't worn my contacts for almost a week because I've been wearing the same pair of weekly disposables for about 8 months and they're just not comfortable anymore. This was a very good thing for my appointment. I learned from the optometrist that when I wear my contacts too much, my eyes retain fluid and the corneas swell. Because I haven't worn my contacts, my eyes are pretty much "normal" and not swollen. This allowed me to have a more accurate eye exam and LOWERED my prescription!!

My last contacts were -4.5 in both eyes and my glasses were -5.0 in both eyes. my new contacts are -4.0 in both eyes and my glasses are -4.25. How awesome is that?!?! I'm also getting new contacts that "breathe" more because I am such a heavy contact wearer. And I'm so excited for my new glasses. I'll have them next Tuesday. They're still plastic frames, black and square. I can't wait to show them off!

Anyway, I'm so excited with my lower prescription. I swear that I'm really going to take care of my eyes now! I promise!

1 comment:

Casey's trio said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!
Good luck with your eyes and new prescription:)