Monday, October 20, 2008

haha

so this lady wanders in off the street and asks to borrow 2 AA batteries to test a discman that she might buy off someone from the street. I tell her I don't have batteries, sorry. She asks again (while I'm in the middle of telling her no, btw), so I say again "Sorry, I do not have batteries for you to borrow." She goes "But I'll pay you." So I raise my voice "I DO NOT have batteries for you to borrow!"

She gets this disgusted look on her face and was like "You don't have to be mean, I was trying to be polite." I say "Well, I repeated myself 3 times - I do not have any batteries for you to borrow." She stood there kind of stunned for 15 seconds, then says "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. You should remember that." "Thanks," I say, and she starts walking out the door. But before she's completely out she says "You know, you're not pretty enough to be that mean."

Hahahaha What??? I'm ugly, so I should be nice to people???

Geezus, people are dumb!


Edited to add:

This song seems appropriate to this post: JoDee Messina - My Give A Damn's Busted

No comments: