Friday, October 3, 2008

Cycle 3 begins

We got back from Reno on Wednesday evening. Reno was fun. I wish it had lasted longer though. LOL. All vacations are like that, I think - always too short.

I was back at work yesterday and was busy as all get out. It made the day go by pretty quickly, so that was nice. It also proved to be a bit of a distraction from some news from one of my friends. She just found out she's preggo. She's been trying a little longer than me (by a couple months) and is so excited. She has wanted this for a long time. I'm very happy for her. I know she's going to be a great mom. But, of course, I am extremely jealous that it's not me.

I think there is something wrong with me and that's why I haven't gotten preggo yet. I'm ovulating way too late in my cycle - at day 19 or 20. There's not enough time for implantation. I've thought that I have been ovulating twice - once at day 13, and then again at 19, but we've only been trying at 19 because Jenn thinks that's the truer ovulation day. I'm going to start the ovulation kit on day 10 this time and see if I actually am ovulating on day 13 or not.

I have a doctor's appointment next Friday so I'll be talking to her about trying to get pregnant. She's not an OB-GYN, though, just a general practitioner, but maybe she'll have some insight or have a referral. I'm moving in about a month, though, and will have to find a new doctor anyway.

I'm really not surprised at any of this, though. I mean, I know we've only tried twice, but I have had a feeling for years that it was going to be difficult for me to get pregnant. See, when I was a teenager, my cycles were very irregular - anywhere from 28 to 40+ day cycles. That lasted until I was 22 or 23, maybe even a bit later than that. I also terminated a pregnancy when I was 18. That's more of where my worries lie - that the termination did some damage. I know the chances of that are slim, but I still worry. I feel like that's my punnishment - I terminated one life, so now I don't get to create another.

R's pregnancy does give me hope, though, as she terminated a pregnancy in the past and now she's pregnant. I'm just really ready to see a doctor and find out what I need to do to get pregnant. LOL I never thought I'd say I wanted to see the doctor, but this time I really do. I need her to give me good news and advice. In the mean time, I'm going to look up homeopathic ways to increase my fertility.

No comments: