Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A small update

So I guess I haven't done a real update in a little while, so here we go...

I've gotten a few more hours at work, but not much. This week I was only scheduled for 5 hours - and that was this morning. I really do love my job, I just wish there were more hours. LOL. But that's the economy for you. For as much of a loner as I am, I really do like this "salesperson" job. It's not hardcore sales, but more customer service based. (I work for Bath & Body Works if I didn't already mention that somewhere along the way. LOL) Hopefully I'll have more hours next week as we're gearing up for our Semi-Annual sale in June.

In 10 days, I'm turning 30. I'm nervous. I don't want to say I'm 30. I don't like that number at all. I really wish I was going to be able to ring in my birthday in a big way, but we just don't have the money. It's my own fault, though. I should have looked for a job as soon as I moved. In any case, I will be getting together with my friends the night of my birthday to have drinks and play some pool.

On June 7th I'll be heading out of town to stay with my friend Riki in Medford, OR for 2 weeks. She's going to be having a baby very shortly (she already lost her mucus plug, so it could be any day now, but her official due date is this coming Tuesday) and I'll be headed up there to spend time with her and help her around the house and farm (she lives on her mom and step-dad's mini farm - there's goats and chickens).

Then, on the 21st of June, Jenn will be meeting me in Medford and we'll take off to Coos Bay, OR (out on the coast) to spend a week with her family. It's their annual family reunion week. Several houses will be rented, there'll be family meals, (maybe) some salmon fishing (for Jenn's grandpa and uncles, I will not be participating in that, but I will be eating their catch!), crabs to eat, wine to drink with the aunts, and lounging on the beach getting tans. I can't wait!

Other than that, there's not much going on. I spend my days at home, on the internets, watching my talk shows (Oprah, Martha, Ellen), and Cash Cab. LOL. Maybe one day I'll have more interesting information to pass on, but for now, that's all I've got. ;o)

No comments: