Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Grandma Update

Sunday afternoon, I went to see my grandma with my parents. She was looking pretty good. She's not in much pain, but her meds make her nauseated, so she's not eating much. Also, she's really tired. She took an hour-long nap after we got there.

She really does look frail, if I'm being honest, but I think that's because she just doesn't feel well. She was sad she couldn't eat any food (she wants to but is afraid of her stomach getting upset and throwing up), but said she'd try a little bit at some point. We left a bunch of food for her, so I hope she got to enjoy some of it.

At one point when we were there, she was lamenting over the fact that she bought a TV for her bedroom because she now thinks it's a waste of money. She said she thought she'd "go fast" and would be in bed most of the time, but now things are "dragging on" and she much prefers to be in the livingroom. LOL. She's a crazy woman. I think part of her wants to just give in and let whatever happens happen, but I think she's really fighting on the inside.

My aunt Pamela has been spending a lot of time with Grandma since she's not currently working. She took a leave of absence because her Lupus flared up. My cousin Sierra also moved into the basement so she can be there when no one else is. What I find interesting is that her boyfriend is living there with her. 12 years ago, my grandma cried because I was moving in with my boyfriend and would be "living in sin". But I guess things are different now for the youngest grandchild. Then again, she's 21 and I was only 18 at the time. LOL.

Anyway...I think my grandma is still going to be around for a bit.

No comments: