Monday, October 12, 2009

What a weekend...

So I spent the weekend at the County Hospital getting my gall bladder out. It's so not what I had expected to be doing this weekend, but it couldn't wait. LOL.

All last week I'd been having severe abdominal pain and finally went to the ER on Friday morning. I was kept in the ER all day while they ran labs and did ultrasounds on my belly. At 8pm, I was finally given a room. I shared my room with a very sick older lady. She slept most of the time, as did I, really. I didn't really sleep much last week, so I was constantly nodding off. lol.

I had my surgery done at about 3pm on Saturday and was hopped up on morphine for the rest of the night. It was a really quick, easy surgery. It was laproscopic so I have 4 puncture wounds in my belly and that's it. They're pretty sore today and the one under my belly button is pretty sore and a little swollen, so I'm going to take it pretty easy today.

Sorry if I hadn't told you about what was going on...I just didn't want to freak anyone out or not be able to keep up with who I was updating. But it's all good now!

This was my first surgery, too. I'd never had to have anything done before. It was kind of nerve wracking. But I guess I've "popped my cherry" so to speak, so if anything else happens, I won't be so nervous. lol.

So how'd you spend your weekend? ;o)

No comments: