Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

And for that reason, I'll never know why I didn't get that job with the storage company. I got an email today telling me that "there are no manager positions available" for me to take but they will old onto my resume "just in case anything else comes up."

So one of two things happened here: 1) They realized just how overqualified I am and know that I would be asking for more pay before too long; or 2) Someone they talked to about me gave me a bad review and made me look bad.

Whatever. I guess it's back to the drawing board. I still have resumes out and pending, but I've gotten no call-backs from any of them as of yet.

It's looking more and more like I'm going to be forced into moving in with my parents. That's just so awesome - a 30-year-old woman having to move back home with Mommy and Daddy. That's going to work great for my dating life.

FML

2 comments:

Helene said...

Ugh, that sucks that you didn't get the job. I would imagine Vegas would be a really fun place to live! Keep trying, though...you just never know when the right job will come along!!

Stacey said...

Thanks Helene! I put in my resume with another storage company in Vegas, plus with 2 companies in L.A. Something will come along soon enough, I just hope it's sooner rather than later. LOL