Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I just don't know

Can I ask a question?

What's the point in making your own baby food and breastfeeding your child if you're going to turn around and give that same baby a sucker filled with refined sugar and dyes?

I understand people slip when they're trying to feed their children organically and healthily - sometimes you give them a treat of chocolate or a cookie...but a freaking sucker?? That most likely has Red Dye #40 in it?

Yes, I know you can't control what goes into your kids' mouth 100% of the time, but you can't explain away photos of your 8 month old with a sucker in her mouth. And above the sugar and dye you are giving your child, this sucker is on a stick! It's dangerous to give a small child a sucker. That child could fall and that sucker can get shoved right down his or her throat.

I realize that I am not a parent yet, but I think like one. Yes, I know that parents are always very well intentioned but when you're in the moment with a child, you make decisions you never thought you'd make, but giving a small, tiny child a sucker is just a poor decision all around.

Hate me all you want for this opinion, but it's just that - my opinion.

No comments: