Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 1 Cycle 1

So today is the official start of the TTC season. LOL.

I felt kind of off today, but didn't have the usual symptoms to the start of my period, so I was surprised just now when I went to pee and discovered I'd started. But that's fine with me - the sooner the better!

So...we had a sit down talk with M about his role and how we are going to TTC and stuff like that. He wants to be as involved as possible, but he completely respects our role as primary parents. Because he is in a relationship, we will be doing AI. That's ok with me - I was nervous about having sex with him anyway. LOL. It's weird to have sex with your friends that you don't like in *that* way.

Once I'm pregnant and Jenn and I get married, she and I are changing our last names to his. I want the kids to have his name and I need to have the same name as my kids, so we'll all be one happy family. hehe.

My parents don't know yet, but I think that's probably a good thing. Plus they don't need to know the details of my life. They know I want kids and they know Jenn and I are together, but that's all they need for now. Hopefully I'll be able to just sit down at Thanksgiving and say "I'm pregnant! Pass the turnips." and be done with it. LOL. The main reason I can't tell them yet is for fear of them trying to talk me out of it. I have a few bills to pay off (which will be done over the next couple of months) and then all my money will go to savings. I know that I am in a place, finally, to support a child. Plus this baby is going to have 3 parents, 4 sets of grandparents (mine, Jenn's got 2, and M's), and a couple of great-grandparents who are going to spoil this child (or children) to death. What grandparent doesn't want a grandbaby to spoil? Even if they don't, we'll be perfectly fine.

I am just so excited! You guys have no idea how long I've been waiting for this to happen. I'm finally getting the chance to be a mom. There's nothing better than that!

So today is Day 1 and we're thinking I ovulate between day 15 and day 19. Ovulation kits are on the way so we can be sure. Sometime between the 5th and the 8th is what we're looking at, I think. I can't wait!!

No comments: