Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm sleepy.

I woke up at 4am with really bad stomach cramps. It was just below my solar plexus (breast bone) and kind of traveled along the right side of my ribcage. The cramping was so bad that I had to sit almost upright, with one leg bent so I was kind of in a fetal position. The cramping continued all the way up until about 7am. I slept in spurts because the cramping would come and go. I did get up and have some Rolaids and drank a little bit of water, but it didn't help. I couldn't really sleep too much while sitting up and being on my back. I tried sleeping on my side, curled in a fetal position, with my hand pressing into my belly, trying to get rid of the cramping. Unfortunately that made the cramping worse.

I have no idea what caused this. I thought maybe it was gas in my abdomen, but I have no idea. I slept very poorly because of the damn cramping. I'm so tired now. I'm definitely going to bed early tonight.

(Incidently, I had some BBQ chicken and rice for dinner, nothing unusual, so I'm not sure that that's what caused my tummy ache.)

No comments: