Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Green is Good

So I was recently introduced to freecycle.org and I am in love with it. I love this idea of free "swapping" items you don't need or want anymore. People post things such as beds and couches, tables, yarn, tv's, vases, picture frames. It's a wonderful thing.

I think with my simplified lifestyle I'm much more into recylcing and reusing items.

So far I've gotten contacts (enough for a 3 months supply!), and I just picked up some yarn today. I've also given away a tv and vcr.

I do have to admit it's strange to exchange a single email with someone and have them give you their address to pick up items they placed on their front porch for you. LOL. It's a little frightening and a complete adrenaline rush. LOL The yarn I got today was on someone's porch, behind a 6' fence! It was weird going onto someone's property that way. LOL.

Anyway, I plan on using this to pick up more giveaways and to do giveaways of my own. It's kind of addictive. ;o)

No comments: