Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oopsie Doodle

I wrote these blogs a few days ago and never posted them here. LOL. Here's what's new with me:


Friday 9/17
My allergies are kicking my rear end! I never had allergies growing up. I guess living in Daly City and San Francisco didn't allow much pollen in my life. Living in the East Bay Area has introduced a whole new world to me. LOL. My allergies have been steadily getting worse and worse and this latest change in seasons is killing me. I don't know if this is anything you could ever get used to. I'm trying a new allergy medicine to see if that helps. It's a melt-away tablet that's just the generic Target brand, but we'll see how that works out. In the mean time I have to deal with daily sinus headaches...just when I quit smoking, lower my blood pressure and get rid of my weekly migraines. Oh joy! LOL


As far as moving in with my parents goes: It's not going to happen. My parents agree that we're going to hold that off as long as possible...until it becomes a "have to" situation. In the mean time, I have somehow found extra money to give my parents, so that's a good thing!


Now, with work: I'm still at my non-residential facility, but should be talking to a district manager next week about a couple stores he's got open that have apartments. I'll have to stay at my current store for about another month so we can get someone trained to take it from me (we're short handed, so I can't leave yet regardless if I get the job or not). So please cross your fingers for me that I get this new store! I'm so sick of commuting to work. I'm living in limbo again and want to be settled. The stores that are available are in Palo Alto and Mountain View which are in the southern peninsula area of the bay. I haven't lived in the 650 area code in almost 7 years. It's gonna be weird! LOL.


Tonight I have tickets to see Paramore in San Jose. My friend that was going with me (and bought the tickets as a birthday present to me) is having some medical issues and can't make it tonight. I need someone to go with me. I'm trying to prepare myself to go it alone, but I don't do anything alone, so it's gonna be rough. lol. Any of you want to go? ;o)


So that's what's new with me. I gotta update more. I keep meaning to, but then I put it off until it's too late at night and I want to go to bed. LOL.



Sunday 9/19
So I never did get anyone to take my extra ticket for the Paramore concert...I went by myself. I was really amazed at myself. Before I left my house to drop my stuff off at my parents house, I just decided I was gonna go. That was it. I was going and I'm not second guessing it. So I drove to Concord, dropped my bags off at my parents house, jumped back in my truck and drove to San Jose.

Of course I got lost on the way down. LOL. Sort of. I took my exit in the wrong direction, then I passed up the parking lot and had to make a u-turn. LOL. Oh well. I got there and it wasn't as uncomfortable as I'd feared being there alone. I had a good time. I was actually really kind of glad I ended up alone if I wasn't with Amy because I know the other 2 people that might have taken the ticket would have brought my good time down. Both of those people are kind of snarky (one WAY more so than the other) and would have just annoyed me all night. At least I can keep my comments to myself.

I don't do things like that alone. I've gone to county fairs, movies, the drive in, baseball games, and restaurants alone, but stuff like concerts are a little more of a social thing and I was always really self conscious about going alone. I didn't want to be that lame girl that didn't have any friends. But you know what I realized? I missed out on A LOT of shows because I didn't have anyone to go with me and that sucks. So from now on, I'm not going to be a chicken. I'm just going to buy my ticket and go! Screw everyone else! LOL

Anyway..thanks to those of you on FB and twitter that encouraged me to just go! You guys rock!

No comments: